Brightpearl is built upon Amazon Web Services, leveraging the elastic scalability and economic benefits of cloud computing. We make use of a number of Amazon products:
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) - We use the EC2 platform to host our web-servers on powerful virtual machines.
- Relational Database Service (RDS) - We use Amazon's managed MySQL database product. This allows us to benefit from Amazon’s backup mechanisms and high availability.
- Amazon CloudFront - We integrate with Amazon's CloudFront Content Distribution Network to deliver images to you at lightning speeds.
Accessing your Brightpearl system requires an account ID, username and password. Passwords are securely stored and never transmitted openly, online or by email. If you forget your password, Brightpearl will regenerate a new one for you.
Access to the back-office Brightpearl administration area is over an SSL encrypted connection. All clients have their own, dedicated database and you can set up your account so that it's only accessible from certain IP addresses.
You can read more about Amazon EC2 security here.
Information and user security
You can configure your account so that each user has a restricted access to the areas that they need to work in - so for example sales staff can only use the CRM and Sales sections, whilst you and your accountant have full access to the accounting ledgers, products and stock control.
Your data will be stored in a data-centre determined by the timezone you choose when registering:
- GMT and CET: Dublin, Ireland
- EST and CST: West Virginia, USA
- MST and PST: California, USA
We understand that the data you enter into Brightpearl is vital to the operation of your business, so our technology is designed to keep your data safe. Your data is backed up nightly and stored for 7 days. Within this window we can restore your data from one of these backups.