If you ship items out to customers, then you might want to switch on the Brightpearl postcode lookup service. A recent survey conducted by the Interactive Media in Retail Group (IMRG) in partnership with Postcode Anywhere revealed inaccurate addressing, through missing postcodes, cost the e-Retail industry £146 million in 2009.
- In general, the average cost of failed deliveries (from £4.25 for each late delivery to £91.34 for the loss of a customer) was overlooked by businesses prior to the implementation of address capture technology.
- Over 70% of respondents agreed that address auto-fill technology reduced shopping cart abandonments (conversion rates improved by 9%, where quantified).
- 67% of respondents agreed that address auto-fill technology brought a significant return on investment.
You can use our postcode lookup feature to ensure that you're not missing out on revenue.
- Go to Setup > Integrations > Postcode lookup.
- Click the blue Registration form link to sign up.
- Once you have your account details, add them into the Brightpearl screen and save.
If you want to turn on postcode lookups for your website, just choose the relevant options on the setup screen.
What licences to buy?
There are two types of licence that you'll need; one for internal lookups in Brightpearl admin, and one for your Brightpearl online shop (if you have one). This is how to get them:
- Log into your Postcode Anywhere account.
- Go to Your Products.
- If you have a new account you'll have 2 "generic keys" already set up. Click on Generic Keys to view the license keys. You can copy and paste one of these into the setup in Brightpearl, or you can add a new product to get a new key. Do this by selecting a new "product" listed. Hover over each product type to read more about it. You'll need just 1 key to enter into Brightpearl.
- In Brightpearl go to Setup > Integrations > Postcode lookup.
- Enter the license key code from Postcode Anywhere into the Admin license key field. The website license key is now obsolete.
- Save your changes.
You'll now be able to use the "lookup" link in Brightpearl when you're adding new contact addresses.
What does it cost?
You can start with a £100 pack of 200 credits for internal use (50p each), or spend £500 for 3,000 credits (16p each). There are bigger packs, too, which make it even more cost-effective. If that seems a little pricey, consider the cost of late or failed delivery, coupled with the actual time it takes to fill-out an address form.
You can also use Postcode Anywhere with Magento.
A pack of 1,000 credits costs £50 - that's 5p each.