Retailers now have more ways to tailor and grow their multi-channel businesses
San Francisco and Bristol, 2nd October 2014 - Brightpearl, the multi-channel retail management system, today announces the introduction of the Shopify POS app into the Brightpearl App Store. Brightpearl, Shopify and Shopify POS are all tightly integrated, giving retailers the confidence to expand their businesses across multiple channels.
Brightpearl helps small and medium sized retailers handle the scale and complexity of growing a multi-channel business by bringing together orders, inventory, customer data, accounting and reporting in one place. The Brightpearl App Store allows retailers to extend Brightpearl functionality with the exact capabilities they need, through an array of apps including web stores, forecasting tools, reporting tools and more.
Henry Morland, Chief Product Officer at Brightpearl, commented: “For the independent retailer, managing stock across on-and-off-line channels can be a challenge. This is why we’re pleased to see the successful Brightpearl-Shopify POS integration made available in the Brightpearl App Store. Combining Shopify’s beautiful, tablet-based POS with Brightpearl’s bullet-proof inventory control, this product is aimed at supporting the retailer looking to confidently expand across channels, while still maintaining total control of their order and inventory processes."
“Shopify and Brightpearl share a common goal: to give retailers powerful yet simple ways to scale their businesses,” said Harley Finkelstein, Shopify’s Chief Platform Officer. “The release of our Shopify POS app with Brightpearl is another important step forward, and we're delighted to offer our Shopify POS customers the extra functionality that Brightpearl offers."
“We were looking for software to help us streamline orders at tradeshows”, said Karen Sessions-Crowley, Director of Operations at The New Clothesline Company, a multi-channel retailer using the Brightpearl-Shopify integration. “We were confident that working with Shopify POS would be seamless, having already had a positive experience with Shopify for our online store. Before we started using Shopify POS we’d often wait until the end of a tradeshow before entering orders into a database and sending over to our warehouse for shipment. Now we can take orders live on the show floor, and given that Shopify POS is integrated with Brightpearl and our warehouse, we can ship the same day. This has helped to generate more direct trade business and improve customer service and response times. With Shopify, Shopify POS and Brightpearl tightly integrated, we have begun to explore and evaluate opening our first brick and mortar store.”
The Shopify POS app is immediately available to Brightpearl customers, and more information can be found at https://www.brightpearl.com/resources/app-store
More information on Shopify POS can be found at http://www.shopify.com/pos
Notes to Editor
Brightpearl’s Shopify POS app enables retailers to:
• Create and assign a new channel for each Shopify POS location within Brightpearl, enabling insights into individual stores’ performance and profitability. Additionally, any outgoing correspondence can be branded based on where the customer made the retail purchase.
• Have all POS receipts entered into their accounting ledgers automatically, alongside all sales receipts for their other channels. Brightpearl automates manual tasks by filtering cash, card and other payments into the relevant account codes.
• Keep inventory levels in sync across all of their sales channels, online and offline, maximizing selling potential and eliminating double selling
• View Shopify POS sales along with any sales made via other channels. Fulfill, manage and report from Brightpearl’s single dedicated business system, rather than separate (and unsynchronized) admin areas
The integration allows Shopify POS users to benefit from Brightpearl’s
• Extensive inventory management capabilities, including the ability to create and track purchase orders with suppliers across multiple locations
• Built-in fulfillment routines for more efficient shipping or drop-shipping
• Built-in accounting to accurately track cash, order and inventory without having to re-enter data into external accounting systems
• Pre-built reporting of revenue and profitability by sales channel, allowing merchants to decide which channels to further develop and which to improve
• App store which gives retailers the ability to tailor Brightpearl with the exact capabilities they need, through an array of apps including web stores, forecasting tools, reporting tools and more.
• The Shopify POS app will also allow Brightpearl customers to benefit from its easy-to-use, tablet-based in-store interface
• Offline capability to continue taking in-store orders smoothly, despite Internet connectivity interruptions
Brightpearl helps retailers accelerate their growth and profits. Our cloud software and services enable multi-channel retailers to manage the heart of their business by combining orders, inventory, customer data, accounting and reporting into a single, reliable retail management system. Brightpearl’s Commerce Acceleration Platform also provides real-time reports on inventory, cash flow, profitability by SKU and channel, customer purchase behaviour and more. Armed with these insights and the confidence in having their core operations under control, retailers can focus on what they love – merchandising and growing their business. Brightpearl has over 1,300 customers and since 2011, more than $1.7 billion of merchandise has been traded on the Brightpearl platform. For more information, please visit https://www.brightpearl.com/
Shopify is a commerce platform that allows individuals and businesses to sell online, offline, and everywhere in between. Shopify currently hosts over 100,000 active retailers, including: Amnesty International, General Electric, Tesla Motors, Encyclopedia Britannica, the LA Lakers, and DODOcase. Shopify was founded in 2006 by two snowboarding enthusiasts who wanted to create a better way to sell their snowboards online. To date, Shopify has received $122 million in Series A, B, and C funding. For more information, please visithttp://www.shopify.com.
+44 (0)117 981 7361