About the role
We’re looking for a talented marketer to lead our partner marketing efforts in order to generate more leads from this key channel.
Brightpearl’s partners range from major e-commerce platform vendors to boutique local marketing agencies and we need someone with the communications and marketing skills to be able to plan and implement co-marketing programs for all types of partner. The first part of the role will be to develop a partner marketing program - work with sales to identify the different partner types and then develop the engagement model and program tactics to be used with each. Second part is to manage the marketing relationship with our partners, using the engagement model in order to drive leads and revenue from the partner community, either under referral or reseller arrangements.
You’ll have experience of working in a B2B tech company for which channel partnerships are a key source or leads and / or revenue. You’ll have a good understanding of what makes a successful partner marketing program and will be able to demonstrate, through examples, experience of having executed co-marketing campaigns.
The role would suit a marketer with two or more years experience working with partners that is looking to gain experience in defining and creating a partner program as well as executing it and growing a key source of revenue.
The role is global, supporting both our US and UK-based sales teams and partner communities.
- Create a partner marketing program, accounting for different tiers of partners;
- Build and execute partner co-marketing campaigns in order to generate new leads for Brightpearl. Campaigns to include a mix of content marketing, webinars, events, advertising, PR and social media activity;
- Work closely with regional sales teams and partner sales management in order to prioritise partners based on agreed criteria;
- Be an internal champion of the partner community within Brightpearl;
- Establish a measurement system to accurately track partner marketing activity at both an individual campaign and program level, ensuring this measurement is consistent with, and integrated into, the global marketing performance measurement framework;
- Work closely with regional field marketing and events teams to ensure the right level of involvement in partner events to achieve the desired demand generation outcome;
- Work with the PR team and agencies to ensure partner-related activity is incorporated into our PR efforts as appropriate.
What you’ll need:
- At least three to five years experience in a similar role within B2B, ideally within a fast-growing technology sector;
- Demonstrable experience of having implemented partner co-marketing programs;
- Experience of working with a variety of different partner types - referral, channel, technology;
- Experience of all of the major marketing campaign channels and techniques - including inbound marketing, content, PPC and other paid channels, PR, social media and events, as well as exposure to marketing automation technology and processes;
- Strong interpersonal skills; adept at building strong relationships across a variety of roles and company types;
- A very strong self-starter mentality and the ability to manage your time according to agreed priorities;
- Excellent organisational and planning skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Great communication skills, written and verbal, including the ability to adjust style and content based on different audience;
- The ability to work under pressure, unsupervised and to strict deadlines;
- Very strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Positivity, confidence and drive is a must;
- A team player - able to input into a multifunctional team; not afraid to question and offer alternatives;
- Creative flair and eager to learn;
- An analytical brain that is comfortable with stats and reporting.