About the role
We’re looking for an ambitious B2B marketer to deliver marketing programs and events in support of our US sales team.
You’ll be the first Marketing hire in the region so will have a great opportunity to make a mark in an exciting and fast-growing tech sector. You’ll be working closely with the US-based regional sales leads and also our central marketing function based in the UK. This working model will require a genuine self-starter - someone that can manage their own time and deliverables towards an agreed set of priorities.
The role would suit someone looking to build the experience required to make the step up to marketing management as, in addition to the core responsibilities, you’ll have exposure to all aspects of marketing including PR, content, performance measurement, partner marketing and demand generation.
- Create and execute the marketing plan for the North America region, focusing on demand generation;
- Manage the regional events plan including running Brightpearl events, and managing our presence at 3rd party events - from meet-ups to major industry and vendor conferences;
- Evaluate and report on on event success as part of the overall marketing goals;
- Work closely with the regional sales leaders to identify target segments and build integrated, multi-channel demand generation campaigns;
- Build relationships with key partners, and design and execute joint marketing campaigns;
- Manage the local marketing campaigns budget to deliver against a lead generation target;
- Support local PR activities;
- Identify local content requirements and work with the central marketing team to ensure we’re delivering the right stories and messages for North American audiences;
- Support the creation of customer case studies - identify strong customer stories and help coordinate and produce the video and / or written assets.
What you’ll need:
- At least two years experience in a similar role within B2B, ideally within a fast-growing technology sector;
- Hands-on experience of events - either planning and staging an in-house event, or managing presence at 3rd party events - stand, logistics, execution, post event measurement etc;
- A very strong self-starter mentality and the ability to manage your time according to agreed priorities;
- Excellent organisational and planning skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Great communication skills, written and verbal, including the ability to adjust style and content based on different audience;
- Negotiating skills to work out prices and the best deals;
- The ability to work under pressure, unsupervised and to strict deadlines;
- Very strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Positivity, confidence and drive is a must;
- A team player - able to input into a multifunctional team; not afraid to question and offer alternatives;
- Creative flair and eager to learn;
- An analytical brain that is comfortable with stats and reporting.