About the role
We’re looking for a talented and experienced B2B marketer with expertise in demand generation, field marketing and customer marketing, and we’ve a strong preference for B2B SaaS experience.
This is key role in a rapidly expanding team and in particular we’re looking for someone to help us define and implement lifecycle marketing.
We’ve separated the traditional demand generation process into three areas - acquisition, lifecycle and campaigns - in order to help us achieve excellence in all three. Leading a small team, this role, therefore, will be responsible for ensuring that prospects, leads and customers have the best possible experience of the Brightpearl brand at any stage of their relationship and that we maximise conversion rates at each key stage of that journey.
The ideal candidate will be an expert in funnel metrics and using data to drive decisions and will have deep enough knowledge of the main marketing channels (social, PR, content marketing, partner marketing, advertising etc.) to be able to define and manage the end-to-end lifecycle.
While you’ll have responsibility for the end-to-end experience, your direct authority will only be over parts of it, so you’ll need to be an accomplished team-player with the ability to influence as well as dictate.
This is a key hire for Brightpearl and we’re looking for an exceptional candidate. The role is perfect for the aspiring marketer with 3 to 5 years deep experience in several aspects of the role and the desire to move their career to the next level of seniority by being part of something special.
We are also open to applications from London candidates as this can be a London based role as well.
- Deliver against agreed objectives relating to the following (you won’t own all these numbers, but you’ll be expected to measurably contribute to all of them):
- New marketing qualified leads
- New pipeline created
- New business won
- Retained and upsell business
- Customer advocacy
- Define lifecycle marketing at Brightpearl - it’s purpose and objectives and the playbook(s) we will follow;
- Work very closely with peers in the Marketing team to deliver an effective demand generation engine for the business;
- Work with cross-functional peers in Sales, Customer Success and Product and evangelise the lifecycle cause across these teams and the business as a whole;
- Be the champion of the customer experience of the Brightpearl brand in particular via our non-product channels - i.e. on the website, in email, advertising, customer success etc;
- Ensure that we have an effective measurement framework in place for each of the stages of the lifecycle - work with Marketing Ops to develop a regular reporting rhythm to keep all stakeholders informed;
- Manage a small team (at present 2, with room for growth in due course) of marketing managers responsible for different channels; support and develop the individuals as part of the company-wide talent development program.
What you’ll need:
- Very strong B2B technology demand generation experience - ideally you’ll have led a demand generation function;
- Deep expertise in several marketing channels and techniques - PPC, digital, events, content marketing, SEO etc;
- Deep understanding of inbound marketing - the theory and the best practices;
- Hands-on experience of at least one marketing automation tool - HubSpot a plus;
- Experience with Salesforce.com;
- Experience working with stakeholders from multiple departments across a business;
- Strong data and analytical skills and experience of marketing funnel performance measurement;
- Some team management experience;
- Experience working in a B2B SaaS business a distinct advantage.
- A passion for inbound marketing and demand generation;
- Calm and effective under pressure;
- Positivity, confidence and drive is a must;
- Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to build relationships with a wide variety of people;
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-moving and dynamic environment;
- A team player - able to input into a multifunctional team; not afraid to question and offer alternatives.
We offer a competitive salary, plus a whole host of great benefits like 25 days of holidays, share options, cycle purchase scheme, BUPA private medical and dental insurance, HealthShield cash plan, referral scheme, lots of social events and some seriously good coffee! We also offer the chance to work in a friendly office, with lots of interesting clients and colleagues.