About the role
Our ambitious plans for growth include significantly raising awareness of the Brightpearl brand and our mission to champion the independent retailer, and as such as we’re looking for a talented and creative PR professional to help build our brand and communicate it.
The PR Manager will combine driving our PR agenda with being part of the team that defines and evolves our brand. You will manage our agencies in the UK and the US to deliver the best possible coverage of our customer, brand and solutions in the publications that you help us define are most important.
This role is not, however, only about managing agency and relationships with publications, the successful applicant will also be a talented writer, ideally with experience in B2B tech, SaaS or retail, and be capable of developing thought leadership content and of directly contributing to the story we’re telling.
Your experience can come from either client-side or agency-side - a combination would be ideal. You’ll be able to give examples of content you’ve written and that’s been published, and you’ll be able to demonstrate experience of defining and executing a PR strategy.
Experience of working with or in both the UK and US is highly desirable as is experience of the retail technology space.
The role would suit an agency PR professional looking to transition to client-side, or an in-house PR or writer looking to take control of a PR strategy. The company is investing heavily in marketing and PR and while we always measure what we do, there is budget available for us to really make an impression.
We are also open to applications from London candidates as this can be a London based role as well.
- Own and actively manage the Brightpearl PR strategy against agreed objectives;
- Manage the PR agencies - currently one in the UK and one in the US; conduct regular status meetings with the agencies and drive execution of the PR plan;
- Work with the content team and exec team to define our thought leadership position on important retail and technology issues;
- Contribute thought leadership content as well as blog posts and social media content, aligned with the content marketing team;
- Measure effectiveness of PR activity as it relates to brand awareness and demand generation;
- Manage our external speaking activity - identify and secure best-fit speaking slots, work with the content team to ensure we have the right materials, ensure speaker readiness and from time-to-time organise speaker training;
- Help build the profile of identified execs and experts within Brightpearl and manage media training and readiness as appropriate;
- Manage our relationship with industry analysts - currently one major subscription but this may increase.
What you’ll need:
- At least three years working in a PR role; client-side or agency;
- Direct experience of working on either B2B technology (SaaS preferred) or retail; retail technology a plus;
- Experience managing PR agencies (if client-side) and a PR budget;
- Demonstrable content creation experience, for example thought leadership content, white papers, blogging, articles etc. - we’re specifically looking for someone that can write content as well as help us get our story out;
- Experience of building and executing a PR strategy to deliver awareness and demand generation objectives;
- Good working knowledge of the UK and US media landscape and great contacts in the tech and / or retail press.
- Excellent copywriting and editorial skills and faultless English;
- Calm and effective under pressure;
- Positivity, confidence and drive is a must;
- Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to build relationships with a wide variety of people;
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-moving and dynamic environment;
- A team player - able to input into a multifunctional team; not afraid to question and offer alternatives;
- Creative flair and eager to learn;
- An analytical brain that is comfortable with stats and reporting.
We offer a competitive salary, plus a whole host of great benefits like 25 days of holidays, share options, cycle purchase scheme, BUPA private medical and dental insurance, HealthShield cash plan, referral scheme, lots of social events and some seriously good coffee! We also offer the chance to work in a friendly office, with lots of interesting clients and colleagues.