Location: Bristol, UK
About the Role
Our HR Business Partner works collaboratively with Executives and our People Managers to ensure that our business needs align with our hiring, retention and success strategies and that consistent high standards are met throughout the organisation. Apply your HR expertise, business partnering skills and flair for bringing out the best in others, to deliver value-added service to management and employees that is aligned with the strategic goals. Our HR team is comfortable rolling up their sleeves and diving deep into daily operational HR tasks, while keeping a keen eye on the breadth of HR needs and opportunities across the company.
There is an opportunity to instil HR industry best practices and methodologies, to ensure that the right people are hired into the right roles, that managers are well informed and trained regarding HR policies, process and management competencies, and are appropriately advised on HR topics and that everyone at Brightpearl is offered appropriate support and opportunity to reach their full potential.
You’ll be one of the key players in continuing our success by keeping the employee experience and our culture top of mind as we grow.
- Business Partner to the leadership, by linking the needs of the business to the success of individuals and teams;
- Provide behavior and management skills coaching and advice to our people leaders. Counsel and train managers regarding employee relations, managing absence, performance disciplinaries, grievances, sickness etc;
- Be the UK based subject matter expert on all HR related topics, points of employment law and industry best practice. Protect us from risks and help us optimise opportunities;
- Monitor the organisation’s culture and values, promote employee engagement, inclusion and belonging, and make recommendations and promote activities that drive improvements and shape positive cultural change;
- Drive the development and administration of HR programs, procedures, and guidelines, that align the workforce to the strategic goals of the company and within regulations;
- Consult with leadership on employee performance issues and employee development opportunities. Develop the individual, as well as company plans, aligned with company goals;
- Proactively identify “at risk” employees and create advancement or succession plans to ensure continuity at all levels of the organization and retention of Top Talent;
- Work with managers to help maintain job descriptions for all positions and update job requirements, aligned with grade and required role competencies;
- Conduct training programs on compliance, employee conflict and performance management, effective hiring and line manager training;
- Make recommendations on UK employee benefits and perks (including liaison with brokers, administration of those benefits, employee enrollment, onboarding and offboarding);
- Manage and deliver employee communications;
- Conduct exit interviews, analyse results and provide feedback to managers;
- Advise leadership on employee communication and feedback mechanisms, through vehicles including company All Hands meetings, employee surveys, team and one-on-one meetings;
- Safeguard confidentiality of employee related information at all times.
- Collaborate with the HROps Team regarding Global HR related programs and
- Ownership of strategic and continuous improvement projects and initiatives as required;
- Ensure that hiring needs are met and aligned with company strategy and annual budget and headcount plans;
- Partner with the internal Recruitment Specialist to create a smooth hiring process that attracts key talent into the business;
- Lead the on-boarding process for UK based employees.
- At least 5 years experience in a HR partner role;
- Natural flair for building rapport quickly, putting people at ease and fostering trusted relationships, appreciating the value of helping our internal customers to achieve positive outcomes and positive engagement;
- Expertise and passion for figuring out a solution when faced with a new situation, and leaning into change for the better, balanced with the emotional intelligence to bring people in, listen and get everyone to the best answer quickly;
- Uphold Brightpearl’s culture and values, being confident and possessing the moral courage to challenge behaviors and standards that are not aligned with our goals and ethos;
- Operational effectiveness – proactive, highly organised and able to initiate based on the business needs that you identify, prioritise tasks, manage time effectively and hold self and others accountable to deliver on commitments;
- Tenacity to seek the way forward and find pragmatic solutions to problems, that deliver the right outcome for Brightpearl;
- Proven ability to coach and constructively challenge managers, and establish yourself as a credible sounding board;
- Adept at employing clear and engaging written, verbal and listening communication skills. Understand your audience and convey information in a clear and relatable way, at all levels across the organization.
- Able to manage change in a positive way, and in helping others to understand the rationale and buy in to the change.
Desirables or show us your potential to learn on the job:
- We use BambooHR, Workable and G-Suite and can teach you if you’re not already familiar;
- Awareness of the software industry and our competition;
- We are growing rapidly. If you have successfully partnered in a company experiencing rapid growth and scale that would be an advantage but not essential.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we collaborate and learn from each other is core to Brightpearl’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.