Location: Austin, TX USA
About the role:
Drawing from your experience in sales operations within ERP software, you will be a key player in engaging and influencing teams to set priorities, collaborate, deliver commitments on time and communicate effectively.
Our Director of Go To Market Operations will be passionate about instilling collaboration, structure, clarity and visibility across our teams, and ensuring that everyone understands the role that they play in helping us to meet our targets. That means implementing best practices and keeping us aligned with the Company strategic goals.
You’ll be closely partnering with our CRO, SVP of Customer Success and VP Sales Americas, and working with our new business sales, customer success, professional services and support teams. Lead our revenue operational cadence, making sure our processes are ready to scale, evolving our KPI reporting and workflows and making sure that we are always aware of and taking action on our risks and opportunities. You’ll be comfortable in coaching, constructively challenging, influencing and motivating others to create consistency in the way we work.
On a day to day basis, there will be close collaboration and partnership with our customer facing, product and finance teams, to ensure that everyone is aligned, sharing information and delivering meaningful, high quality and timely outcomes, with the customer and Company strategy in mind.
Your Day-to-Day Life:
- Be a trusted advisor and partner to our revenue leaders, playing a proactive role in defining and designing the execution of our go to market strategy.
- Design, implement and lead the operational cadence for the revenue generating teams. Establish core meetings that have clear purpose and agenda to share information, make data driven decisions, follow up on actions and hold yourself and others accountable to commitments.
- Manage, motivate and develop our Head of Sales and Marketing Systems to reach full potential, making sure that clear goals and priorities are set to optimize our use of our sales and marketing systems and tools, the workflows and controls are set up effectively and instill a business partnering culture.
- Coach our revenue leaders and line managers to enhance a productive and engaged value selling culture, with the right playbooks, enablement, engagement and best practices to deliver desired outcomes.
- Improve consistency and performance visibility through simplifying and consolidating our dashboards and reporting, making sure that our KPIs are reliable, meaningful and insightful and support the leadership team in making the best choices when it comes to performance and resources. Lead requirements for deep dive, root cause analysis and efforts to mitigate risks and maximize opportunities.
- Introduce best practice working methodologies that are effective, efficient and scalable and also protect our revenue, margins and efficiency results. Things like deal hygiene, compliance and risk management.
- Partner with revenue leadership and finance teams to manage all aspects of revenue planning, reporting, forecasting, capacity planning, sales quota and sales compensation plan design (Sales, Customer Success, Professional Services).
- Act as a trusted advisor to influence the development and refinement of annual and quarterly sales compensation plans, to drive the required behaviors to meet our goals and targets.
- Manage departmental budgets effectively through optimal resource allocation and planning.
- Identify opportunities and weaknesses within territories and make proposals to create value, increase operational efficiency and deliver sustainable change to meet our goals
To be successful as the Director of Got To Market Operations at Brightpearl, you’ll most likely have…
- Relevant experience within the software industry in which you successfully create, implement and steer operational cadence, structure and disciplines, bringing others along with you, working towards a common goal.
- Successfully designed for scale and executed those plans effectively through periods of rapid growth.
- Experience in facilitating teamwork across departments, with understanding of the operational requirements and differences in priorities that may come up.
- Flair for building trusted relationships through great verbal and written communication skills, with a constructive coaching style. Convey information in a clear and relatable way, at all levels across the organization.
- Attention to detail as well as big-picture appreciation, drawing from data and best practices to reach your conclusions.
- Expertise and passion for figuring out a solution when faced with a new situation,, and leaning into change for the better, balanced with the emotional intelligence to bring people in, listen and get everyone to the best answer quickly.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment, being comfortable with ambiguity and translating that into clear actionable goals and steps.
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability during the execution of tasks.
- Genuine enthusiasm for continuous improvements, finding solutions and coaching others.
- Aptitude in managing change in a positive way, and in helping others to understand the rationale and buy in to the change.
- Must be in Austin or willing to relocate
- We are not sponsoring visas at this time
Desirables or show us your potential to learn on the job:
- Working appreciation of the Saas model
- Working experience with of Salesforce and Hubspot
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we collaborate and learn from each other is core to Brightpearl’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.