Location: Bristol, UK
About the Role:
Within this role we operate with three lines of support. The Customer 1st Support team is the ‘go to’ team for Brightpearl customers, both internal and external, who are looking for assistance with our cloud-based platform in which we serve both retailers and wholesalers.
As a team leader, you will be the contact point for all team members, so your communication skills should be excellent. You should also be able to act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration. Ultimately, you should lead by setting a good example and engage the team to achieve goals.
You will be responsible for diagnosing and resolving customer issues using a combination of technical experience, platform analysis tools and advanced database analysis tools where product knowledge and standard workflows have failed. You will be the core of Brightpearl as we look to achieve a very high level of customer satisfaction.
You’ll need to be a strong role model and passionate about getting the best out of your team, within a results driven and customer oriented environment. In addition, we are looking for a Support Team Lead who has a passion for providing exceptional customer service and web-based technology support. This is an exciting opportunity that combines these two areas.
This role will be a perfect match if you are passionate about leading a team and pride yourself in delivering excellence, possess fantastic troubleshooting and customer service skills, whilst having the ability to dive deep into a new product to learn it inside out. We’re looking to hire enthusiastic, positive self-starters and go-getters to join our growing team Bristol team.
Your Day-to-Day Life:
- Provide world class phone, email, and chat based technical and account services support to our customers in a fast-paced 24×7 environment (expect up to 6 hours of talk/ chat time a day)
- Maintain and document all processes formally via a Support team Playbook
- Review, design and drive performance metrics and objectives for the team
- Attracting, hiring, on-boarding, developing, motivating and coaching Brightpearl’s Support team
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Performance manage team in line with our business objectives and KPIs
- Design and execute a training plan for the team through the Brightpearl learning platform
- Oversee day-to-day operation
- Advocate customer needs/issues cross-departmentally
- Contributing to management and board reporting upon requirements
- Replicate customer reported issues and transfer to a developer report with clear reproduction steps and analysis
- Ability to recognise severity of issues and react appropriately
- Ability to work on time sensitive issues and provide timely resolution and clear customer communication
- Occasional ‘on call’ rota availability for emergency issues outside of normal working hours
- Feedback to support team colleagues to develop product knowledge and understanding
- Develop excellent database structure knowledge
- Decrease incoming volume by striving toward first contact resolution and proactively advising customers on best practices solutions
- Escalate complex data fixes and summarise the investigation and observations
- Building successful relationships with our customers, both internal and external
- Proactively looking to improve our service to customers by being sensitive to their business needs
- Continuously improving product knowledge using our self-training tools and resources.
- 3 years of experience in a phone based technical support or customer consulting position in a fast paced environment preferred
- Proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Content generation for help centre documentation
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Stock management and order management experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A team first mindset, with high results, low ego orientation
- Collaborative and consultative work style
- Passion for technology and helping businesses succeed
- Proven problem solver with ability to work under your own initiative
- Highly motivated, self-directed and well organised
- Accounting, Finance, Business, or Computer Science degree
- Experience and knowledge of APIs
- Good understanding of email protocol (SMTP) and Domain Name Servers (SPF records, CNAME, A records etc.)
- Experience of online marketplaces such as eBay and Amazon, along with shopping carts such as Magento, Shopify, Bigcommerce
- Experience with products related to accounting, inventory, CRM and sales order processing
- Technical experience with SAAS platforms and working knowledge of programming
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we collaborate and learn from each other is core to Brightpearl’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.