Location: Bristol, UK
About the Role
Our VP Product Management is responsible for leading the execution of our overall product strategy, including the continuous improvement and innovation of product offerings, roadmaps and release planning and communication around all of those. Working in close collaboration with our leadership team, you will influence the evolution of the Brightpearl portfolio and coach a team of product owners to manage their respective portfolios, leverage Brightpearl to solve problems for our customers and achieve our key business goals.
Our product strategy focuses on our strengths, customer needs, competitive advantage and differentiation. Applying your leadership skills and product management capabilities, use data and insight from others to optimise opportunities and resolve competing priorities effectively. Our product owners are the subject matter experts operating within Agile teams, utilising a continuance deployment model to deliver high value functionality to our customers.
To be successful, our VP Product Management will always be thinking about scale and how to enable and upskill others, across the company, to be successful in their roles as well.
On a day to day basis, there will be close collaboration and partnership with our customer facing and engineering teams and your role is key to ensuring that everyone is aligned, sharing information and delivering meaningful, high quality and timely outcomes, with the customer and company strategy in mind.
- Translate the product vision into an effective portfolio management strategy and actionable and measurable goals;
- Set priorities using data to recognise value and revenue potential in business opportunities and execute using an Agile methodology;
- Deliver succinct, focused and impactful messaging to all stakeholders (internal and external) that delivers positive outcomes aligned with overall strategy;
- Lead, coach, and develop a high-performing product management team, making sure that clear goals and expectations are clearly set and understood;
- Empower the team of product owners to create and drive the product roadmap;
- Manage the delivery of quality high value epics within each program increment;
- Deploy appropriate tools to help product owners understand the customer journey and create detailed user stories to drive product improvement and innovations
- Proactively source feedback by accelerating customer feedback through tooling, feature toggles, beta programs and online forums through our go to market teams, and share with the team to define trends, pain points and opportunities;
- Evangelise the strategy at all levels. This means internally through budgetary signoff and stakeholder buy-in, and externally with end users and decision makers through workshops and training using data and consistent KPI’s to make decisions;
- Collaborate with the Product Marketing team to align on clear and compelling messaging to generate demand for our products;
- Deliver quality product to budget that delights our customers
To be successful as our VP Product Management you will have:
- Minimum 7 years experience of working with multiple agile teams to deliver complex business solutions in SaaS based environment;
- Natural curiosity and also skilled at using data to uncover hidden customer needs, industry evolution and understand key business drivers;
- Proven leadership capabilities, instilling the importance collaboration, accountability and clear communication in all interactions and able to influence others, to achieve the best outcome for Brightpearl;
- Skills to think holistically about the full lifecycle, from strategy/conception to tactical execution, with awareness of opportunities and risks;
- Ability to evolve the product based on research, data and industry trends.
- An engaging style in communicating with and presenting to both individuals and groups, at all levels, and understanding and adapting to your audience;
- Attention to detail as well as big-picture appreciation, drawing from data and best practices to make your decisions;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across all departments and levels, working cross functionally, and able to align key stakeholders towards a common goal and deliver positive outcomes;
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment, being comfortable with ambiguity and translating that into clear actionable goals and tasks;
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability during the execution of tasks performed either individually or collectively to achieve targets and deliver on commitments;
- Enjoyment in talking to customers and stakeholders to collect feedback, with the ability to translate that feedback into prioritised recommendations for the Products, supported with market and commercial reasoning;
- Curious in nature, with a genuine interest for continuous improvements and finding solutions.
- Current in industry trends, ensuring the company maintains and expands its technology leadership position;
- Working knowledge of the retail market
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we collaborate and learn from each other is core to Brightpearl’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.