Location: Austin, TX USA
About the Role
As our VP of Product Marketing within our go to market team, you will be responsible for the messaging, campaign creation, and product positioning launches of Brightpearl’s products to the international market. The planning, implementation and management of our product and services marketing strategy will help Brightpearl to achieve our growth plans, consistently and sustainably.
You will manage and develop the team responsible for sales enablement and product marketing launches across the company. Your contribution to the definition of new product strategy, management of voice of the customer activities, spotting industry trends and helping to translate all of those into clear messages through our PR team, will ensure that Brightpearl continues to offer and articulate market leading solutions. You will also be a key content creator to help influence prospects in their buyer’s journey, and have the opportunity to show your passion for our product and the industry that we serve, as an evangelist to grow awareness of Brightpearl’s offering. This is a critical role at the heart of Brightpearl’s go to market operations – connecting from product development to marketing to sales.
Your Day to Day
- Lead, motivate and develop the Product Marketing team, making sure that clear goals and expectations are set regarding priorities to deliver sales enablement and product launches. Coach and develop the team to reach their full potential.
- Define product value proposition, key benefits and target audience, based on market and competitive analysis and what you hear from our customers.
- Work with customers, prospects, and Brightpearl’s stakeholders (including our product, sales and customer success teams) to develop engaging messaging that articulates our value proposition and product capabilities.
- Drive Marketing Messaging strategy through our marketing assets (e.g. website, content), sales collateral, and prospect and customer interactions (e.g. sales meetings, demos, trials).
- Plug in to retail/Ecommerce and wider tech industry trends; gather competitive and market intelligence and implement those findings into future development and marketing strategies.
- Deliver product value proposition training, tools, and collateral to our direct and partner sales organizations to improve conversion rates and reduce the sales cycle. Help them share our story and the value of Brightpearl and to understand the personas and buyer’s journey as they research and make their decision to buy.
- Develop goals and tactical plans to leverage product launches to improve new customer acquisition as well as existing customer upsell and retention.
- Coordinate Marketing product launches across sales, marketing, support, professional services and customer success.
- Support launches by creating product collaterals, thought leadership and sales enablement content to support marketing campaigns and partner campaigns.
- Provide input and be a key marketing partner to the product management team as they develop and optimize the product roadmap.
- Define and structure the creation of bottom of funnel content (e.g. product videos, ROI calculators, case studies) that prospects in an active buying cycle need to evaluate Brightpearl’s offerings.
- Help drive top of funnel interest in Brightpearl and reach our target audiences by sharing our messages through thought leadership, blogging, social media, and public speaking.
- Evaluate and improve campaign and product launch performance, through marketing data.
- Support go-to market success through win/loss reports to understand any trends that might need to be addressed for future marketing campaigns, sales enablement, and partner feedback.
- Create feedback loops with customer facing stakeholders to optimize and improve sales enablement assets, training, and messaging.
- Preferably, at least 5 years previous experience in product marketing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including as an engaging speaker and delivering webcast interviews.
- Able to demonstrate experience in building an effective portfolio of product marketing content that resonates with target audiences (e.g. sales collateral, blog posts, product videos, public speaking events etc.).
- Leadership experience with examples of collaborating effectively with product, sales, and customer success teams.
- Knowledge of marketing methodologies, techniques and product positioning.
- Perceptive analytical and quantitative skills to create content from Brightpearl’s proprietary “insight” data set and evaluate the performance of product marketing activities.
- Experience performing market research and building competitive analysis.
- Genuine interest in technology with the flair to articulate the business value delivered by technology solutions.
- Great eye for customer and market dynamics.
- Leadership experience and ability to engage and communicate across the business and at all levels.
- Positive and outcome oriented to help the company achieve our shared goals.
- Team player who assumes personal ownership and also partners effectively with peer groups.
- Expert at understanding the value of the offering and customer needs, and developing crisp messaging and content that resonates with target audiences.
- Adaptable, flexible, and comfortable with translating ambiguity into action.
- Passion for products and finding their market fit.
- Keen to develop in your career and also coach, challenge and motivate others to develop their skills and experience .
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and foster relationships with a wide variety of people, in particular with remote teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment.
- Comfortable to constructively question, seek the way forward and offer alternatives.
- Must live in Austin or willing to relocate.
- Must be eligible to work in the US without requiring a visa sponsorship.
Ideally you’ll have / show us your potential to learn on the job:
- Understands the opportunities and challenges of business scaling
- Experience within SaaS, Enterprise market would be an advantage
- Familiarity with the retail and or wholesale market would be a significant advantage.
- We use Hubspot and SalesForce.com, but can teach you those
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we collaborate and learn from each other is core to Brightpearl’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.