Receiving Purchase Invoices
When you receive a purchase invoice from your supplier you will need to match and receive it against the original purchase order or orders in Brightpearl.
Inventory must be "not received", or "received in full" to invoice
There are different circumstances under which an invoice needs to be received:
- A single invoice is received for a single order
- A single invoice is received for multiple orders
- Multiple invoices are received for a single order
- Prices on the invoice match/don't match the prices on the order
- Quantities on the invoice match/don't match the quantities on the order
In Brightpearl an order becomes the invoice, therefore it is important that the order displays the same details as the invoice being received. You should check that the following match:
- Item prices
- Item tax
- Item quantities
- Total tax
- Order total
Handling a single invoice for multiple purchase orders
If a supplier sends a single invoice for multiple orders raised in Brightpearl, that one invoice can be batch received against all of the orders. This will add the accounting and balance on the supplier account for a single invoice at the same time as marking all the orders in Brightpearl as "invoiced received" with the same invoice number.
All orders must either have no inventory received or all inventory received. When batch invoicing, the orders can be a mixture of the two.