This page covers:
Customers who purchase from you on credit will usually expect a statement, perhaps once a month, to summarize how much they owe, how old that debt is and which invoices it relates to.
Statements can be sent from Brightpearl by email or they can be printed to be sent by post. Each time the statement is emailed it will be added to the customer timeline.
Customizing design & layout
Statements are created using a template so you can customize the design and layout, although unfortunately it is not possible to customize the columns used for the statement detail.
You can also create different versions of statements to use at different times, so you might choose to add a leading page containing different levels of dunning letter.
When you create the statements you can select which template you'd like to use.
There are two different types of statement detail widget that you can use on this template as below:
The _statementDetail_ widget will show all transactions for your customer (including those that have already been paid). If you wish to show outstanding payments only; then you should use the _outstandingStatementDetail_ widget in your template.
We recommend that you have separate templates for each, so that you have both an outstanding and an activity statement option.
Showing detailed payments
If you choose the "show detailed payments" option on the statement, your customer can see exactly what payments were allocated against what invoices. Here's an example statement:
Foreign currency statements
Foreign currency statements will show an additional column to display the foreign currency value of each sales invoice as shown in the example below:
Related how to guides - Customer statements
How to send customer statements
- Go to Customers > Aged debtors / Accounts receivable.
- This is a list of customers who owe money. To send any of them a statement select the checkbox next to their name and click the Send statement button.
- Select the statement template to use. Where the template contains a statement widget, the relevant date pickers will be displayed.
- Select the dates for the statement. An outstanding items template will allow you to select an As of date, whereas an activity statement will allow you to pick a date range and whether to include payment details.
- Select whether to print or email the statements. If emailing the statements you will be able to enter the email subject and content, the statement will be attached as a PDF.
- Email or print the statements as required.