Location: Austin, TX USA
About the Role
This is an ideal role for someone that is looking to take their sales experience to the next level and mentor a team of new reps just starting their careers. This position will work closely with vertical leadership and sales management to generate net new leads and qualify incoming leads. In addition to developing and implementing an inside sales training program, you will be responsible for running day to day operations of the team, developing creative incentive plans, and motivating and mentoring the BDRs, while simultaneously building their skills and increasing their level of responsibility.
Your Day-to-Day Life
- Onboard and manage a team of Business Development Representatives with a focus on building inside sales skills including prospecting, lead qualification, objection handling and appointment setting.
- Deliver a training program to onboard new inside sales team members.
- Provide daily operations management of inbound and outbound call response and lead qualification functions.
- Create product, sales, and business function training programs.
- Coordinate marketing (direct Email, ABM, Linkedin, Webinars, advertising, etc.) activities with Marketing organizations.
- Responsible for coaching, performance management, and career development of staff.
- Refine and critique the BDR team’s Brightpearl sales pitch.
- Support BDRs, as required, during their rotational assignments and early stages of the sales cycle: lead generation, qualification, and evaluation.
- Update and manage the BDR playbooks.
- Create and manage system excellence with the BDRs to keep our prospect database up to date.
- Provides support to Marketing, Sales & Partner programs.
- Create and develop new programs and campaigns in conjunction with Marketing and Sales. Execute programs and campaigns with limited guidance.
- Manage day-to-day schedules of the team.
- Serve as an active coach through call shadowing and providing ad hoc feedback sessions.
- Prepare BDRs for regular reviews with the senior management team.
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of the complete capabilities of Brightpearl’s offerings.
- Set expectations with senior sales management through timely and accurate forecasting, pipeline and sales activity/program metrics reporting.
- Motivate individuals to succeed through impassioned leadership, coaching, creative sales incentives, and broadcast of results.
- Develop incentive plans and SPIFFs to foster a competitive and collaborative team environment.
- Drive program and participant success; investing in the success of the team and going above and beyond to mentor a team of individuals.
- This position will be required to work in the Austin office post Covid.
- Strong background in inside sales and/or sales management required
- Intelligent, motivated and competitive with a “roll-up-the-sleeves” and “get the job done” attitude
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and presentation) and interpersonal skills (outgoing and personable)
- Inspires a team focused and collaborative environment
- Passion for coaching and mentoring emerging sales talent
- Experience giving both positive and constructive feedback
- Completely invested in driving both individual contributor and team success
- Desire to work in tech industry with a growing company
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Focused on driving a team to collective lead generation quotas/goals
- Ability to create and track individual and team metrics
- Creative self-starter
- BA or BS degree required
- Must be in Austin or willing to relocate
- We are not sponsoring visas at this time
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we collaborate and learn from each other is core to Brightpearl’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.