Frequently Asked Questions about our Warehouse Management System
- What hardware do I need?
As a browser-based platform, you don’t have to purchase all new equipment. Warewolf runs responsively so it can be used on tablets, laptops, or small screen devices. As long as your barcode scanner can work with an internet browser, it should be fine!
- What’s the best way to layout my warehouse?
Optimizing a warehouse layout for efficient operations is often not as easy as it sounds. There are many competing issues that need to be taken into account. Typically:
- Physical structure: Floor shape and access, height, lighting locations, access doors and loading bays
- Existing infrastructure like racking systems
- Inventory to be stored: Dimensions, weight, fragility and quantity
- Storage outers: By the pallet, box of 10 or individual items to name but a few
- Inventory turnover: Fast and slow moving items, out of season storage and new season preparation
- Caged locations for high value items
- The need to fulfill orders from purchase order deliveries
- The need to cross dock from purchase order goods in straight to retail unit transfers
- Space to handle large goods in deliveries
- Packing area flexibility to match changing volumes
- Plans for expansion or contraction
- Then of course, the elephant in the room: Team productivity and organization
One of our Brightpearl experts will help you get the best configuration possible when setting up your warehouse.
- What industries do Brightpearl have experience in providing warehouse management for?
We have experience in a number of different market sectors but Brightpearl is focused on the retail industry. We work with lots of different retailers and wholesalers including Apparel, Home, Gift & Garden, Toys and Electricals to name only a few. Our customers are companies who have a need to control their warehouse process, inventory, and a need to automate their processes and workflows for improved operations.
- How big does my warehouse need to be?
If you hold inventory, have your own warehouse and are managing more than 100 orders per week, then Brightpearl’s Warehouse Management System could be a good fit for you. Whether you work out of multiple locations or just one, Brightpearl offers a flexible and fully scalable warehouse management from goods receipt, to having visibility of your end to end order process.
- How can Brightpearl’s Warehouse Management System save me money?
Brightpearl allows you to increase throughput, improve your picking, packing and shipping rate, improve data capture, manage inventory movement and control, and reduce wastage. All this leads to a cost saving over time.
- What makes Brightpearl different from other WMS?
By taking the initiative to retool how you invest in and operate the supply chain, you can stay ahead of the growing competition. Flexible processes and workflows are essential for creating and managing an omnichannel supply chain. Since consumers are demanding an omnichannel approach, combining all sales channels warrants integrated systems like integrating Brightpearl with your WMS. Your systems should share information to create a seamless experience for the customer, have the capacity to address high order volumes for scalability, and easily navigate any possible issues that arise during the order fulfillment process.
- How much does it cost?
You cannot buy our WMS standalone. Brightpearl is designed to be the central hub and specifically meet the requirements and needs in your warehouse, as well as how it is integrated across your entire business. Contact us today to find out more about pricing.