Location: Bristol, UK
About the Role
The Software development engineers in test (SDET), is a software developer focusing on testing the platform. The SDET is part of the development team with access to code and actively participating in debugging and altering the code as necessary. The SDET is something of a hybrid role between the developers and the testers. The SDET identifies areas within the program requiring further or varied testing, and helps design and set these tests up, provides test data and participates in administering them. An SDET also looks to identify ways that end-users and consumers will work with the software and helps create the best experience possible for the intended user by identifying areas needing continued adjustment.
- Build test automation for all aspects of the product within the development team.
- Collaborate with developers in reviewing unit tests and integration results for coverage analysis.
- Design & develop pipeline as code for integrating test automation scripts into CI/CD pipeline.
- Drive automation efficiencies and coverage effectiveness using different automation framework tools and techniques.
- Review the development code to build an effective automation suite to cover all technical and business integrations.
- Design real-time automation dashboards to measure build quality and provide feedback to the agile delivery team.
- Mentor quality engineers on automation best practices and support automation backlog efforts.
- Take the lead in developing manual, exploratory and automation scripts.
- Ensure that test coverage and execution standards for Unit, Integration, Acceptance, System, Regression, UAT, Security and Performance are met.
- Design, implement, execute and debug information technology test cases and scripts.
- Strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, gocd, Sonar.
- GoLang, Docker, Kubernetes experience is good to have.
- 3-5 years overall SDET and/or development experience.
- Design and build scalable automated test frameworks and test suites working across technologies.
- API level testing experience.
- Perform manual testing, the scope of which will encompass all functionalities of services as a prequel to automation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and processes.
- Strong exposure with test frameworks such as Selenium or Appium.
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
- Participate in design and code inspections.
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
- You’ll be joining one of the top UK SaaS Companies based in central Bristol – named top city to live in
- We offer a competitive salary, stock options and a pension matching scheme
- 25 days of annual leave, plus long service awards and volunteering days to give back to the community
- We promote health and well-being through comprehensive medical, dental insurance packages with Vitality, Bupa and HealthShield and subsidised gym memberships
- We support work-life balance through flexi-time and working from home opportunities
- Opportunity to collaborate and share success through company wide socials and All Hands
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we collaborate and learn from each other is core to Brightpearl’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.