Location: Bristol, UK
About the Role
A pivotal role within Brightpearl product development, leading multiple teams to drive growth and innovation. The Software Development Manager will be part of the Engineering leadership team, creating an agile environment, building and motivating teams. The manager role is responsible for all aspects of the team’s development and acts as an escalation point for the team. The manager will help drive process improvements and be a mentor and coach for team members.
- Provide leadership and direction to an agile team of software engineers.
- Manage processes to ensure timely delivery of planned features. Deal with impediments on behalf of team members.
- Drive continuous improvement within teams and across product development.
- Coordinate software design/development activities in overlapping areas with other teams.
- Report on progress and issues to management.
- Attracting, hiring, on-boarding, developing, motivating and coaching Software Engineers.
- Take responsibility for the output of the team.
- A minimum of 5 years Industry Experience with at least 3 years’ operating as a team leader or manager.
- Track record of hiring and motivating high-performance software development teams.
- A background in Agile software development and full development lifecycle.
- Proven communicator with business stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of task scheduling/collaboration concerns.
- Someone that enjoys mentoring and coaching team members, building on their strengths and enabling individuals to archive more.
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
- Degree in a computer related subject or equivalent experience preferred.
- You’ll be joining one of the top UK SaaS Companies based in central Bristol – named top city to live in
- We offer a competitive salary, stock options and a pension matching scheme
- 25 days of annual leave, plus long service awards and volunteering days to give back to the community
- We promote health and well-being through comprehensive medical, dental insurance packages with Vitality, Bupa and HealthShield and subsidised gym memberships
- We support work-life balance through flexi-time and working from home opportunities
- Opportunity to collaborate and share success through company wide socials and All Hands
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we collaborate and learn from each other is core to Brightpearl’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.