Location: Bristol, UK
About the Role
A pivotal role within Brightpearl product development, leading multiple teams to drive growth and innovation. The Software Development Manager will be part of the Engineering leadership team, creating an agile environment, building and motivating teams. The manager role is responsible for all aspects of the team’s development and acts as a point of escalation for the team. The manager will help drive process improvements and be a mentor and coach for team members.
- Provide leadership and direction to an agile team of software engineers.
- Manage processes to ensure timely delivery of planned features. Deal with impediments on behalf of team members.
- Drive continuous improvement within teams and across product development.
- Coordinate software design/development activities in overlapping areas with other teams.
- Report on progress and issues to management.
- Attracting, hiring, on-boarding, developing, motivating and coaching software team members.
- Take responsibility for the output of the team.
- A minimum of 5 years industry experience with at least 3 years’ operating as a team leader or manager.
- Track record of hiring and motivating high-performance software development teams.
- A background in Agile software development and full development lifecycle.
- Proven communicator with business stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of task scheduling/collaboration concerns.
- Someone that enjoys mentoring and coaching team members, building on their strengths and enabling individuals to achieve more.
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
- Degree in a computer related subject or equivalent experience preferred.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we collaborate and learn from each other is core to Brightpearl’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.