Location: Austin, TX USA
About the Role:
We are looking for a highly organized, diligent and adaptable Account Manager to join our Customer Success Team. The purpose of the Account Manager role is to successfully manage upsell and renewals for their allocated accounts.
An Account Manager’s duties are split across 3 key roles: relationship management, upsell and renewals. Key tasks include building quotations, renewal negotiations and closing upsell opportunities. The role will also include the handling of all customer related queries via email and phone. This will involve phone and written communication with customers to fulfill their requirements. An Account Manager will also maintain accurate CRM records.
The Account Manager has to be able to work effectively whilst under pressure to ensure deadlines are met. The Account Manager also needs to have exceptional communication skills to confidently liaise with colleagues and customers at all levels, with a polite and friendly manner when handling queries.
Your Day-to-Day Life:
- Processing customer renewals in the internal CRM and billing systems from quote to invoice and payment collection
- Processing customer upgrades and upsell sales in the internal CRM and billing systems from quote to invoice
- Identifying high risk customers and working on plans to retain these customers
- Working to achieve and exceed monthly and quarterly team targets
- Maintaining good customer relations
- Work with Technical Account Managers to arrange Account reviews
- Answering customers phone queries
- Producing timely reports
- Maintaining customer CRM records
- Managing the renewals inbox and making sure all emails are responded in a timely manner.
- Call on assigned client accounts for renewals and pricing negotiations.
- Interact and build relationships with clients.
- Qualify your account base to identify opportunities to maximize uplift.
- Manage your renewals pipeline with Salesforce CRM to ensure activity levels position you for success.
- Complete sales training classes on a regular basis. We are learners and we can always improve to be even more effective.
- Prior experience in Customer Success OR equivalent history of increasing customer satisfaction, adoption, and retention
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly organized
- Experience negotiating software contracts
- Experience of managing customer accounts in ‘software as a service’
- Experience with Salesforce CRM software
- An understanding of the challenges a multi-channel retail business faces and how technology can solve
- Proven ability to drive continuous value of a cloud and/or ERP solution
- Familiarity working with clients of all sizes
- Must be in Austin or willing to relocate and able to work in our downtown office
- We are not sponsoring visas at this time
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we collaborate and learn from each other is core to Brightpearl’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.