Location: Austin, TX USA
About the Role
Within this role we operate with three lines of support. The Customer Support team is the ‘go to’ team for Brightpearl customers, both internal and external, who are looking for assistance with our cloud-based platform in which we serve both retailers and wholesalers. This position will cover 08:00am – 05:00pm or 09:00am – 06:00pm Monday through Friday during the first three months. There is a possibility of working a second shift from 01:00pm – 10:00 pm CST after onboarding.
You will be responsible for diagnosing and resolving customer issues using a combination of technical experience, platform analysis tools and advanced database analysis tools where product knowledge and standard workflows have failed. You will be the core of Brightpearl as we look to achieve a very high level of customer satisfaction.
We are looking for a support helpdesk agent who has a passion for providing exceptional customer service and web-based technology support. This role will be a perfect match for you if you pride yourself in delivering excellence, possess fantastic troubleshooting and customer service skills, whilst having the ability to dive deep into a new product to learn it inside out. We’re looking to hire enthusiastic, positive self-starters and go-getters to join our growing team in Austin, TX.
- Provide outstanding phone, email, and chat based technical and account services support to our customers in a fast-paced 24×7 environment (expect up to 6 hours of talk/ chat time a day)
- Provide world class Customer 1st Support to our ever-growing customer base with your unsurpassed customer service and problem solving capabilities
- Replicate customer reported issues and transfer to a developer report with clear reproduction steps and analysis
- Ability to recognize severity of issues and react appropriately
- Ability to work on time sensitive issues and provide timely resolution and clear customer communication
- Feedback to support team colleagues to develop product knowledge and understanding
- Develop excellent database structure knowledge
- Decrease incoming volume by striving toward first contact resolution and proactively advising customers on best practices solutions
- Escalate complex data fixes and summarize the investigation and observations.
- Ticket creation on Zendesk support system as well as Atlassian’s JIRA
- Building successful relationships with our customers, both internal and external
- Proactively looking to improve our service to customers by being sensitive to their business needs
- Continuously improving product knowledge using our self-training tools and resources.
Ideally You’ll Have
- At least 1 years of experience in a phone based technical support or customer consulting position in a fast paced environment preferred
- Content generation for help centre documentation
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Stock management and order management experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A team first mindset, with high results, low ego orientation
- Collaborative and consultative work style
- Passion for technology and helping businesses succeed
- Proven problem solver with ability to work under your own initiative
- Highly motivated, self-directed and well organized
- Accounting, Finance, Business, or Computer Science degree
- Experience and knowledge of APIs
- Experience of online marketplaces such as eBay and Amazon
- Experience with online shopping carts such as Magento, Shopify, Bigcommerce
- Experience with products related to accounting, inventory, CRM and sales order processing
- Technical experience with SAAS platforms
- Previous experience with web-based software
- Previous experience with an accounting or bookkeeping package
- Located in Austin, Texas or willing to relocate
- We will not be sponsoring any visas at this time
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we collaborate and learn from each other is core to Brightpearl’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.