As you recover from the holiday rush, rest assured that 2022 is packed with exciting potential in the world of e-commerce.
To help you strategize for this year’s important events, we’ve compiled a list of key dates for retailers – from World Book Day, to Black Friday to Pride Month.
In terms of industry events, there’s lots to pencil in! After a year of pandemic cancellations and virtual meetings, it seems (for now) that physical events are back on the table.
Check out our month-by-month breakdown below to get inspired for the year ahead.
Prefer something you can download and keep?
- 1-31 Dry January and Veganuary
- 11-18 Atlanta Market (US) Explore the products of over 8,000 brands in one space. Research trends, attend seminars and meet other traders.
- 16-18 Giving + Living Trade Show, Exeter (UK) The largest trade show in the South West specialises in gifts and products with British heritage.
- 15-18 NRF 2022 – Retail’s Big Show, New York (US) This two-day show brings together 20,000 industry experts, retailers and vendors to showcase new products, tech and trends.
- 18 Martin Luther King Day (US)
- 24-27 Toy Fair 2022 (UK) After a year off, the UK’s largest toy, game and hobby trade show returns to London with over 260 vendors.
- 25 Burns Night (UK)
- 26 Australia Day
- 26-28 Outdoor Retailer Snow Show, Denver (US) The largest global B2B event dedicated to the outdoor industry. The winter event, Snow Show, is the first of two this year.
- 1st Chinese New Year (Year of the Tiger)
- 1-5 February Atlanta Apparel, Atlanta (US) Immersive clothing showcase where fashion retailers source Spring/Summer lines for the coming year.
- 6-9 Spring Fair, Birmingham (UK) Spring edition of two popular wholesale events specialising in home, gifts and fashion.
- 6-9 Moda, Birmingham (UK) Moda presents the largest range of footwear in the UK as well as clothing, jewellery and accessory lines, for fashion professionals to explore and network.
- 13 Super Bowl 2022 (US)
- 14 Valentine’s Day
- 20-22 Spring/Summer Top Drawer London (UK) A chance for buyers to peruse new product lines at this lauded, design-led trade show.
- 27-1st March ASD Market Week Event, Las Vegas (US) Network and enhance your merchandise mix with over 1,500 vendors.
- 27th Feb – 1st ASD Market Week Event (US) Continued from above.
- 1 Shrove Tuesday/Pancake Day
- 3 World Book Day
- 4-6 The Baby Show, Excel London (UK) At the UK’s largest baby and parenting event, watch product demos, network with fellow retailers and listen to expert talks from independent and big name baby brands.
- 5-8 The Inspired Home Show, Chicago (US) The largest houseware show in North America returns physically, as more than 52,000 houseware professionals congregate in McCormick Place.
- 8 International Women’s Day
- 8-9 DX3 Event (Canada) Workshops, expert speakers and innovative tech demos abound at Canada’s biggest Retail, Marketing and Technology summit.
- 15-17 Adobe Global Summit (Virtual) Hear exclusive insights, learn new skills and make connections at this two-day online event, with a key focus on exceptional, personalised customer experiences.
- 17 St. Patrick’s Day
- 18 Holi
- 20 First Day of Spring
- 21 President’s Day (US)
- 27 Mother’s Day (UK)
- 27-28 PATS Spring Pet Event, Sandown (UK) With over 350 brands under one roof, the Pet and Aquatics Trade Show provides ample buying opportunities for the pet industry.
- 27-30 Shoptalk, Las Vegas (US) Discover predictions for the future of retail at this comprehensive speaking event.
- 1 April Fool’s Day
- 2 Start of Ramadan
- 11-15 April Atlanta Apparel (US) The second event of the year presents Autumn/Winter collections for buyers in the fashion industry.
- 12-14 Vow Bridal & Formal (US) Bridal and formal gown retailers gather in Atlanta for networking and glitzy catwalk shows.
- 15 Good Friday (UK National Holiday)
- 15 Passover
- 17 Easter Sunday
- 18 Easter Monday (UK National Holiday)
- 18 Patriots Day (US)
- 22 Earth Day
- 23 St. George’s Day (UK)
- 25-26 eTail Conference, London (UK) Conversations in strategy, trends and innovation to help you boost profits in your retail business.
- 27-29 Global Retailing Ideas Summit, Arizona (US) This yearly event brings thought leaders and professionals together to discuss the future of retail.
- 1 Eid al-Fitr, end of Ramadan
- 1 May Bank Holiday (UK)
- 2 May Day (UK)
- 5 Cinco de Mayo (US & Mexico)
- 8 Mother’s Day (US)
- 10-12 Retail Innovation Conference & Expo, Chicago (US) Lots of chances to network with D2C professionals at this extensive retail expo.
- 10-12 Groceryshop Spring Meetup (Virtual) Huge virtual event to discuss emerging trends and changes to the world of grocery.
- 11-12 IRX and eDX, Birmingham (UK) Get key insights on the rapidly evolving e-commerce industry, with expert talks and interactive sessions.
- 13 The Baby Show, Birmingham (UK) The leading parenting and baby event opens in Birmingham.
- 24-25 Retail Week Live, London (UK) Two days of talks from pioneers in the retail industry; a festival of interactive experiences and workshops.
- 29 End of Spring Bank Holiday (UK)
- 30 Memorial Day (US)
- 1-30 Pride Month
- 6-8 ShopTalk Europe, Excel London (UK) An impressive speakers’ conference which draws over 2,500 attendees. This year’s event is in collab with Groceryshop.
- 7-9 Outdoor Trade Show, Liverpool (UK) The UK’s only trade show with an outdoor sport and leisure focus.
- 8-11 June Atlanta Apparel (US) The third chance of the year for buyers in the fashion industry to network and stock up on next season’s lines.
- 9-11 Outdoor Retailer Summer Show in Denver, CO (US) The Summer edition of OR’s brilliant showcase of outdoor products.
- 19 Juneteenth (US)
- 20 Father’s Day (US & UK)
- 24 Midsummer’s Day
- 28-30 Glee, Birmingham (UK) The UK’s leading garden and outdoor living trade show. Explore plant exhibits, watch product awards and shop for new gardening ranges.
- 1-31 Independent Retailer Month (UK)
- 4 Independence Day (US)
- 9-13 Eid al-Adha
- 17-19 Pure London, Olympia (UK) An opportunity to buy from global fashion retailers and make important international connections.
- 17-19 Home & Gift Buyer’s Festival (UK) Harrogate hosts the largest showroom in the North, with a range of household names and emerging brands to discover.
- 28 Summer Bank Holiday (UK)
- Variable – Back to School (US & UK)
- 4-7 Autumn Fair, Birmingham (UK) Explore extensive stalls and product ranges as well as hear talks from top business names (Theo Paphitis took the stage last year).
- 11-13 Autumn/Winter Top Drawer, London (UK) Source your favourite design collections at Top Drawer’s second trade show of the year.
- 19-22 Groceryshop 2022, Las Vegas (US) A packed four-day agenda with demos, workshops and panel talks on the world of grocery.
- 25-27 Rosh Hashanah
- 28-29 eCommerce Expo, London (UK) Learn from top retail and brand leaders across 12 theatres at this two-day marketing and technology event.
- 1-31 Black History Month
- 4-5 Yom Kippur
- 10 World Mental Health Day
- 10 Thanksgiving (Canada)
- 12 Columbus Day (US)
- 12-13 IRX @ DTX + UCX 2022, London (UK) Big e-commerce expo, sharing knowledge on the future of technology with a retail spin.
- 21-23 The Baby Show, London (UK) Olympia-based edition of the lauded baby and parenting event.
- 31 Halloween
- 4 Diwali
- 5 Guy Fawkes/Bonfire Night (UK)
- 11 Remembrance Day (UK)
- 11 Veterans Day (US)
- 11 Singles Day (China)
- 13 Remembrance Sunday (UK)
- 16-17 The Business Show, London (UK) Europe’s biggest business event provides a space where small business owners can learn together.
- 21-18 Dec – FIFA World Cup Tournament, Qatar. We don’t need to tell you, this global sporting event offers plenty of marketing and promotional opps!
- 24 Thanksgiving (US)
- 25 Black Friday
- 26 Small Business Saturday (US)
- 28 Cyber Monday
- 14 Free Shipping Day
- 18-26 Hanukkah
- 18 Final game of FIFA World Cup Tournament, Qatar.
- 21 Winter Solstice
- 25 Christmas Day
- 26 Boxing Day
- 27 Bank Holiday
- 31 New Year’s Eve
Download the Brightpearl 2022 Retail Calendar as a handy infographic.