Location: Bristol, UK
About the Role
- Work in a small cross-functional team to move functionality out of our existing PHP system to a microservice architecture developed mainly in Java and Go
- Apply quick fixes to the existing PHP code to recover bugs or vulnerabilities
- Work closely with other engineers, quality analysts, performance analysts, business analysts, system administrators, product managers, customers and partners.
- Improve your technical skills by using Java and Go in a fully automated CI/CD environment
- Diagnose problems seen in production and advise on solutions.
- Have the opportunity to develop your career in the direction of technical or team leadership
- Have access to training on relevant technologies in our platform and beyond
- Have 3-5 years of commercial experience writing well-tested code in PHP
- Experience tracking down bugs in a production environment.
- Have a good understanding of application comms protocols (HTTP, REST).
- Experience working on concurrent and distributed applications.
- Enjoy working in an agile team.
- Be a good communicator.
- Confident working independently to achieve shared outcomes
- Enjoy variety in your work and be willing to pick up new tools, technologies, and techniques.
Ideally you’ll have
- Working experience of docker and kubernetes.
- Experience using our core languages Java and Go
- Working experience using message queue infrastructure (e.g RabbitMQ).
- Experience using Cucumber or equivalent for end-to-end testing.
- Experience using React or equivalent for front-end development.
- Experience with the Continuous Delivery and DevOps styles of development.
- Understanding of how SaaS applications are hosted and provisioned.
- Be comfortable developing software to non-functional requirements of reliability and performance.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we collaborate and learn from each other is core to Brightpearl’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.