Location: Bristol, UK
About the role
At the heart of our business, the role of product management covers a diverse list of activities and events at Brightpearl. As a Product Manager you’ll be tasked with the balancing act of facilitating others, continuously improving existing processes and technology, and influencing the evolution of your assigned Product, that is scalable and aligned with Brightpearl Strategy.
As Brightpearl expands, there will be an increased use of external partners to work on behalf of Brightpearl when deploying and managing customer installations. This product management role we’re hiring for is key to the success of this Partners capability.
The role will require a tech-savvy product manager with a good knowledge of how best to expose a SaaS product to be used by external partners, where these partners will be supported by a great user experience in a Partner Portal, where they will be able to be onboarded into the Brightpearl Partner Network and can then create customer accounts, deploy the Brightpearl solution, extend the solution, create apps within the Brightpearl app ecosystem and also monitor how the health of each customer. The Partner Product Manager will be instrumental in delivering all these benefits and more, by working closely with the partner community, customers and internal stakeholders.
As Product Manager for Brightpearl’s Partners domain, you’ll have ownership and responsibility of;
- Defining the strategy, ICP (ideal customer profile) and roadmap for your product, using customers, colleagues and the competitive market to guide and validate their decisions in line with the Company Strategy and metrics
- Working closely with the Partners community to understand their requirements and deliver solutions that will meet their needs
- Working with the assigned technical lead and agile development team to deliver the roadmap projects at quality, on time and within budget
- Fulfill the role of Scrum Product Owner within the engineering team, championing the customer’s requirements and problems to ensure a laser focus on delivering value to the end user and to Brightpearl
- Understanding the technical aspects of the platform, where you’ll be able to communicate at a technical level to software engineers and will be equally skilled at explaining the technicalities in a way that customers and customer-facing teams can understand.
- Owning the full lifecycle, from strategy/conception to tactical execution
- Champion the strategy at all levels, from Brightpearl’s executive and finance teams to acquire budgetary signoff and stakeholder buy-in, through to individual end users through workshops and trainings
- Owning the KPIs tracked for your product and work with and influence the organisation to attain quarterly targets
- Collaborating with our Marketing team to create informative and accurate messaging
You will have the opportunity to work cross functionally, learning from other experts in the company. It is imperative that as a Product Manager, you will operate with complete transparency and deliver timely updates to the rest of the organisation, and the customer base, with regards to the progression of your projects.
- Be comfortable interacting with software engineers on the technical aspects of the product, such as the architecture and interfaces
- Deliver updates to other departments as required by the product operating calendar
- Work in conjunction with product marketing to deliver one-to-many updates to customers and partners
- Be the go-to expert for any questions about or asks of your Product
- Drive the execution and success of the product(s) by continuously guiding the development team and leading cross-departmental go to market release plans
Supporting other teams
As subject matter experts, Product Managers are called upon to help other teams, such as handling support escalations, exploring strategic partnerships, or prospect demonstrations. Product Managers should come to each engagement with a mindset of “how do I enable others in the future?”, and contribute to tools such as our LMS to upskill others.
- Proven experience working with SDKs to expose SaaS product functionality to be further built upon
- Experienced in defining and writing product requirements that are thorough, complete and understandable
- Skills to think holistically about the full lifecycle, from strategy/conception to tactical execution
- Confidence in presenting to both individuals and groups, at all levels, effectively, and understanding your audience
- Enjoyment in talking to partners, customers and stakeholders to collect feedback, with the ability to translate that feedback into prioritised recommendations for your Product(s), supported with market and commercial reasoning
- Ability to evolve the product based on research, data and industry trends
- Ability to use data to support decision making, understanding that saying no is sometimes as important as saying yes, and the importance of clear priorities and trade-offs
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Familiarity with AWS, ERP and ecommerce technologies
- Experience in Business Analysis and product marketing
- Working knowledge of the retail market
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we collaborate and learn from each other is core to Brightpearl’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.