About the role
The Territory Sales Executive is responsible for all new business and upsell to existing customers, within a defined UK West territory. The role aligns to the customer journey – from their initial interest, through qualification, evaluation, solution scoping, negotiation, to closing. Successful customer journeys result in delighted customers who grow using Brightpearl, so you will also be responsible for upsell. You will manage the entire sales cycle and close new business from inbound and outbound generated leads. This includes managing the ecosystem of partners within the territory, who are a key source of high quality leads. You will carry an individual sales quota with an expectation to meet and exceed this consistently, supported by an excellent team at Brightpearl. The role reports into the UK Sales Director.
Territory Sales Executive Key Attributes
The successful Territory Sales Executive will be strongly self-motivated and outcome driven with a proven track record of working and growing a territory, managing a pipeline of opportunities, and forecasting accurately. Excellent qualification, prioritization, organization and focus are essential in this role.
This suits someone with an entrepreneurial approach, who can treat the role as though they were running their own business. Experience of previously running and growing a territory is highly desirable, since referrals from happy customers and valued partners alike contribute heavily towards the success of the territory.
You will be extremely effective at building rapport over the phone with a range of senior decision makers. Your sales approach will ensure the customer is put first and you will be relentless in understanding the needs, pain points and desired outcomes of our prospects. You will be comfortable adopting a solution selling approach and be effective at communicating the value that Brightpearl’s platform and expertise brings to each customer's’ business.
Territory Sales Executive Key Responsibilities:
- Achieve/exceed a monthly sales quota;
- Lead a small cross-functional team (Business Development, Professional Services, Customer Success) to grow the territory and execute the plan;
- Plan, organise and run territory events that create valuable relationships with existing customers and new prospects;
- Adherence to the Brightpearl Sales Playbook;
- Understand the desired outcomes, challenges and opportunities of prospects and develop solutions to meet their needs and exceed their expectations;
- Manage the entire sales-cycle and present the value of Brightpearl to business owners and operational staff;
- Demonstrate our product via screen sharing and on occasion, face-to-face;
- Accurately forecast on a weekly basis, whilst developing a reliable pipeline of opportunity for future months
- Develop and maintain satisfied and referenceable customers;
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to increase opportunity value and win rates;
- Leverage Salesforce, Insightsquared and other tools, to effectively manage pipeline and sales activities.
- At least 3 years’ software sales experience, ideally selling B2B software solutions over the phone and in person, as well as experience managing a territory;
- Demonstrable, consistent, over-achievement against sales targets;
- Candidates should have one of the following: software/SaaS solution sales experience, experience of selling to SMBs or experience of selling direct to independent retailers/wholesalers;
- A consultative selling style combining effective questioning techniques;
- Ability to explain and demonstrate technical solutions in non-technical, business-focused language;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Knowledge of any of the following industry sectors is a plus: retail, wholesale distribution, warehousing and e-commerce;
- Degree educated is preferable.
- A genuine desire to learn and succeed in technology (SaaS) sales;
- Authentically curious, you love learning and improving yourself;
- Must be able to think and plan strategically, and act tactically;
- Integrity is fundamentally important to you;
- You want to make a real difference - inspiring others to work smarter and achieve more;
- You are naturally entrepreneurial & a self-starter.
We offer a competitive salary, plus a whole host of great benefits like a cycle purchase scheme, BUPA private medical and dental insurance, HealthShield cash plan, referral scheme, lots of social events and some seriously good coffee! We also offer the chance to work in a friendly office with lots of interesting clients (and colleagues).