About the role
We’re looking for an expert in paid acquisition in a B2B environment. Paid advertising channels form a key part of our ambitious and well-funded growth plans and we’re looking for an experienced marketer to lead this activity. The role will report directly to the VP Marketing, a measure of its importance to our plans.
You’ll have at least three years experience in working with PPC, SEM, paid social, paid referral and other channels to generate leads. Your experience can have been gained either agency or client side. Deep experience of Google AdWords is essential, as is day-to-day active management of ad budgets in order to maximise efficient lead capture.
The Head of PPC and Paid Media will have responsibility for a 6-figure digital ads budget and will be measured by leads and cost of acquisition against our high-growth plan.
The role would suit an agency marketer looking to gain experience client-side, or a client-side acquisition marketer looking to take ownership of a budget and paid strategy.
This is a B2B role and the target audience is small and mid-market technology buyers. Time working on B2C campaigns is welcome but a premium will be placed on B2B acquisition experience.
We are also open to applications from London candidates as this can be a London based role as well.
- Build and execute a paid acquisition program to generate new inbound leads;
- Manage the paid acquisition spend to budget;
- Implement a measurement system for advertising spend enabling us to identify the best-performing channels and the cost per lead for each channel;
- Work with the campaigns teams to ensure alignment between paid acquisition and campaign activity;
- Work with the content team - brief the requirements for ad copy and graphics as well as jointly review performance in order to continually improve.
What you’ll need:
- Hands-on experience of Google AdWords and of running ad campaigns on the major social media networks;
- At least two, ideally five, years working for a B2B technology vendor or for an agency working with B2B tech clients;
- Experience managing a 6-figure budget, either in-house or for a client;
- Experience running multi-channel campaigns for both lead acquisition and brand awareness;
- Deep knowledge of the data side of advertising and the ability to use the right data to make decisions based on desired outcomes;
- Creative judgement and experience of writing briefs for creative teams to build the content for ad campaigns;
- A broad understand of inbound marketing within a B2B tech, ideally SaaS, business, including how paid acquisition fits into the overall process;
- The ability and passion for the subject to combine day-to-day tactical campaign management with strategic longer-term planning;
- Experience working on both UK and US campaigns a major plus;
- HubSpot or other marketing automation tool experience a plus;
- Salesforce.com experience a plus.
- Positivity, confidence and drive is a must;
- A team player - able to input into a multifunctional team; not afraid to question and offer alternatives;
- Obsessive over using data to make decisions;
- Creative flair and eager to learn;
- An analytical brain that is comfortable with stats and reporting.