Location: Austin, United States
About the role
The Presales Engineer role is responsible for helping to meet monthly, quarterly and annual quota objectives working in tandem with the Territory Sales team. As a member of this team you will add value throughout the sales process in the areas of requirements analysis, solution development, in depth product demonstrations, partnering closely with professional services (Implementation Consultants). This role is the trusted advisor for presenting Brightpearl to prospects during the sales process, and to existing customers for upsell opportunities.
The role aligns to the customer journey – from their initial interest, through qualification, evaluation, solution scoping, negotiation, to closing. Successful customer journeys result in delighted customers who grow using Brightpearl, so you will also be responsible for helping scope and close upsell opportunities.
An ability to understand business process flows with strong technical and presentation skills is essential for success in this role. The role reports into the Professional Services Leader.
Presales Engineer Responsibilities:
Clearly articulate the benefits of Brightpearl’s solutions to all levels including line of business managers and "C" level executives;
- Provide compelling technology demonstrations of the Brightpearl platform and integrations to prospects, partners, and customers;
- Help manage and prioritise sales opportunities and act as subject matter expert in those sales opportunities;
- Scoping the technology solution required to meet customer needs;
- Writing (and peer-reviewing) the technology solution proposal documentation, alongside the Implementation Consultants;
- Assisting the Solution Consultants and Territory Sales teams close new business and larger upsell opportunities;
- Provide input to other cross-functional departments pertaining to prospect requests and product enhancements as needed, by staying abreast of functional and technical requirements in the retail industry;
- Maintain account and opportunity updates within our internal sales force automation system (Salesforce) to help manage and prioritise sales opportunities;
- Develop, present and deliver high-impact demonstrations of the Brightpearl solution on a daily basis, demonstrating complex solutions both onsite and via online tools.
Experience and Requirements:
- 5 + years supporting the sales cycle for deals in comparable business, CRM, ERP, Retail, EPoS or e-commerce applications;
- Experience with financial applications and thorough understanding of accounting principles;
- Proven experience working in or selling into Retail, wholesale/distribution, warehousing or e-commerce and understanding the benefits of the cloud SaaS model;
- Solid communicator and team player with excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Self-driven, hard-working, persuasive, tenacious and takes responsibility;
- Proven track record of increasing deal size and accelerating the buying process;
- Successful quota achievement.
- Previous application experience in one or more of the following desired: SAP, Netsuite, Oracle, JDA, Infor, Torex, MS Nav/AX, Epicor or QuickBooks.
- A genuine desire to learn and succeed in tech sales;
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to increase opportunity value and win rates;
- Authentically curious, you love learning and improving yourself;
- Integrity is fundamentally important to you;
- You want to make a real difference to our prospects and customers;
- You are naturally entrepreneurial & a self-starter