Location: Austin, Texas, USA
About the Role
As a System Administrator, you will:
- Work in a global team to roll out new features, oversee frequent releases to production and help improve our SaaS infrastructure using modern configuration management tools.
- Work closely with other administrators, engineers, product managers, customers and partners.
- Assist customer support in finding and fixing database/server level problems that affect our customers.
- Provide on-call assistance to maintain service availability.
- Monitor and maintain our MySQL databases, MongoDB stores, RabbitMQ messaging infrastructure, Hazelcast caching grid, Java services, Go services, PHP(Apache) applications, node.js services and supporting servers across multiple AWS datacenters.
- Develop expertise in diverse technical and business domains.
- Have the opportunity to grow into team or technical leadership roles.
- Help maintain office IT infrastructure.
To be considered for this role, you should:
- Experience as a Linux System Administrator.
- Experience with high-volume, high availability systems.
- Understanding of running and tuning an RDBMS (preferably MySQL).
- Exposure to modern CM tools (preferably Chef).
- Familiarity with scripting in Bash or equivalent.
- Understanding of network infrastructure, protocols and components.
- Experience working alongside development teams (preferably in a DevOps environment).
- Be a good communicator.
- Remain calm when working under pressure.
- Enjoy variety in your work and be willing to pick up new tools, technologies and techniques.
- Hold a technical degree.
- Have a low tolerance for un-automated (manual) tasks.
- Experience with AWS administration.
- Ruby scripting skills.
- Experience with the Continuous Delivery style of software development.
This role is based around standard CST working hours (9am-6pm) but, as with all Systems Administrator roles, some flexibility is required.
- Five working days per week.
- You will be part of a paid on-call rota to respond to technical incidents outside of office hours (up to 12am).
We offer a competitive salary, plus a whole host of great benefits like 20 days of PTO + 12 paid holidays, share options, 100% paid medical, dental and vision.