Location Austin, TX, United States
About the Role
As Business Analyst you’ll be working within our Product and Engineering department, where projects range anywhere from designing new features for our SaaS product, such as integrations with priority partner software, or projects that are invisible to the customer, such as implementing a new technology underneath legacy parts of our application.
You’ll be assigned as product owner and business analyst into our omnichannel feature set, which covers our Ecommerce sales channel integrations, in store POS and workflows. Brightpearl is the backbone to our customer’s sales channels, sharing inventory and order information in real-time. Our prowess in this area is a key reason businesses use and join the Brightpearl platform.
- Discover, understand, and define stakeholder needs through interviews and meetings, capture requirements for peer review or escalation, and be able to provide recommendations for customers during interim periods whilst we build the final solution
- Provide a primary point of contact for development teams throughout project delivery, answering ad-hoc questions, attending stand-ups and project meetings, defining testable requirements for the developers
- Validate solutions with all key stakeholders, ensuring delivery is in line with expectations
- Hands on; not afraid of the autonomy of the role, eager to jump in at the deep end and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Commercially driven; happy to jump in on sales calls and promote Brightpearl to prospects over the phone, or at events
- Builds strong relationships; you can’t please everyone all the time, and with a roadmap and possible opportunity as wild as ours there’s always people with requests you can’t fulfill. You’ll need to be comfortable with giving both positive and negative news, and making sure that the working relationships don’t falter as a consequence
- Experience with ERP software, ideally as a provider but also as an end-user
- Experience with Ecommerce business operations and platforms such as Bigcommerce, Shopify, Magento, Amazon and eBay
- Experience with in-store POS technologies and workflows
- Experience with retail and wholesale business models and applications
- Positivity, confidence and drive is a must.
- Self-directed, professional, team player.
- You know how to work in startup mode. You’re able to remain adaptable, flexible, and work cross-functionally and be comfortable with ambiguity
- Hungry to develop your career and be world class at what you do.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with a wide variety of people, including remote teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-moving and dynamic environment.
- A team player - able to input into a multifunctional team; not afraid to question and offer alternatives.
Our Values & Culture
- Brightpearl is a team of people who are crazy motivated by growth.
- It’s what we help our customers do; grow their businesses by making it possible and easy for them to be better retailers.
- It’s how we behave as individuals; we’re all deeply passionate about learning
- You’ll do the best work of your career with people who are just as motivated and talented as you are.
- You thrive in a fast-paced team environment and want to learn a tremendous amount, and you enjoy making a meaningful impact.
- Your curiosity has led you this far, so if this sounds like your ideal place to work, apply now!
We offer a competitive salary, plus a superior benefits package including 20 days of PTO + 12 paid holidays, share options, 100% paid medical, dental and vision. We’re an energetic, driven organization who believe in promoting a healthy work-life balance, and our office in Downtown Austin is an open, vibrant workspace. Check us out on Built In Austin to get more of an insight on what it’s like to work with us!