Location: Austin, TX USA
About the Role
The primary role of the Business Development Representative is to generate new business opportunities by finding potential clients to prospect and qualify into new business accounts. You’ll learn how to identify and research lists of companies to target, and how to develop email and telephone campaigns to generate new business opportunities.
You will conduct high-level conversations with business owners and operational staff about their business and the challenges they face with their operations.
Being a smaller team, you will work cross-functionally with all departments to help our customers define, adopt and validate the value of Brightpearl. This role is normally an in-office position, but for everyone’s safety, we are working from home for the foreseeable future.
- Prospect into net new business accounts that fit into Brightpearl’s ideal customer profile (calls, emails, social, etc)
- Conduct high-level qualification calls to executives in our target accounts and interested inbound prospects
- Identify mutually-beneficial relationships with partners, helping to strategize new sales opportunities
- Work with Marketing and the rest of the sales team to run successful monthly events (online or in-person)
- Understand customer goals and challenges, and position Brightpearl as a potential solution
- Develop processes to generate new sales opportunities
- Engage decision makers in targeted prospect accounts
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects and partners
- Leverage CRM tools to prospect into specific geographic territories and sectors
- Ideally, you’ll have one year’s experience as a Business Development Representative or Sales Development Representative, working in Technology and/or SaaS sales
- Self-starter who has a desire to learn, grow, and excel in their role
- Excellent phone, writing, and listening skills
- Great organization and time management skills are essential
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we collaborate and learn from each other is core to Brightpearl’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.