Location: Austin, TX USA
About the Role
The primary role of the Channel Account Manager is to generate new business opportunities through our referral partners and build long term mutually beneficial partnerships. Contribute to our company growth by helping to develop and manage an ecosystem of partners, who advocate Brightpearl, and trust us to help delight their customers.
Working within our Alliances team, you’ll manage an existing group of partners as well as acquiring new partners, and support their enablement so that they are confident to refer Brightpearl to their prospects and customers. We believe in reciprocal partnerships. This means that you’ll also be an internal champion to our sales and customer success colleagues to support and represent our partners in winning new customers sourced from Brightpearl. To be successful in this role, you will be comfortable working both autonomously and within a team, and thrive on delivering positive outcomes through your understanding of channel business development and expanding partner networks, the trusted relationships that you foster and your methodical and tenacious approach to delivering on commitments.
- Implement the Brightpearl partner strategy for the US and achieve lead and revenue targets via channel
- Recruit new web agency partners into the business
- Create quarterly business plans with partners, including performance targets
- Lead quarterly business reviews to assess performance and identify opportunities for growth as well as areas for improvement
- Engage and educate new partners through training and enablement sessions
- Share ideas within the Alliances team to generate new channel revenue and shape best practices.
- Collaborate with the Brightpearl Partner Marketing team to plan and execute co-marketing activities with partners
- Coordinate partner training
- Adopt best practices defined in the Brightpearl Sales Playbooks (Sales, BDR, Partner)
- Make sure that records are kept up to date and accurately, to track leads referred
- 2+ year’s experience as a channel account manager and/or working with channel partners
- Experience and knowledge of channel business development and the partner ecosystem
- Desire to learn and succeed in technology sales
- Engaging presentation skills
- Genuine rapport building skills, with a persuasive phone manner
- Great organization and time management skills
- IT literate and great at online research
- The ability to deal with rejection and bounce back quickly
- Must be in Austin or willing to relocate
- We are not sponsoring visas at this time
Desirables or show us your potential to learn on the job:
- Experience of ecommerce technologies is preferable
- We use SFDC and G-Suite but we can teach you those
- Degree educated is preferable
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we collaborate and learn from each other is core to Brightpearl’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.