Location: Bristol, UK
About the Role
This role is responsible for ensuring the Professional Services team delivers high quality implementation projects. As a member of this team, you will be responsible for leading implementations, serve as an expert during the sales cycle, and provide guidance to more junior members of the team. You will add value throughout the solution delivery stage (ensuring quality delivery standards are met) with a smooth customer handover to the Customer Success and Support teams. An ability to manage diverse teams and balance achievement of customer objectives in conjunction with delivery timelines and budget is essential for success in this role.
- You will assess customer business objectives and system needs to ensure a correct solution fit
- Lead engagements across teams and partners to build packages of works to meet customer required outcomes
- You will work with the Pre-Sales team to ensure accurate Technical Proposals are completed to reflect the agreed solution
- You will provide accurate work estimates and ensure accurate delivery timelines to achieve agreed customer outcomes
- You will be asked to provide key insight on solution requirements to ensure there is a cycle of continuous improvement
- You must be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently with clients for relatively short (<1 month) and long engagements (>6 months)
- You will be expected to lead consulting engagements with key customers on larger projects
- You will be leading the consulting engagements and ensuring quality delivery
- You will manage all project activities – business process analysis, data import, application configuration, user training, user acceptance testing – either completing yourself or delegating to other implementation team members
- You will be responsible for ensuring project outcomes are successfully delivered, to agreed timelines and to budget
- You will be expected to communicate progress and report issues and changes, escalating where required
- You will be expected to lead on consulting engagements with key partners
- You will be expected to be a key feedback loop to the wider engagement teams – Product, Customer Success etc to ensure an ongoing cycle of quality delivery
- You will be asked to provide key insight on delivery requirements to ensure there is a cycle of continuous improvement in quality implementation delivery
- You will be expected to guide and mentor junior team members on technical and managerial aspects of technical delivery, project management and business development
- Minimum 3 years of experience in full lifecycle ERP, Accounting and Finance software implementations.
- Strong expertise with business practices related to Accounting/ERP (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Invoicing, Warehousing and Fulfilment etc.).
- Previous consulting experience is required.
- Enthusiastic and driven personality with exceptional communication and soft skills.
- Collaborative and consultative work style.
- Excellent client management skills and experience delivering consulting & training services (customer facing)
- Project scoping experience.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to manage teams to deliver high quality work on time and to budget. Ideal candidate can jump in as a team lead.
- Expertise in the retail/wholesale vertical.
- Must be willing to travel (about 50% travel)
- Project quoting experience
- An understanding of eCommerce technologies such as Magento, Shopify, ekmPowershop and Bigcommerce and online marketplaces such as eBay and Amazon
- Strong understanding of small to medium-size business operations
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we collaborate and learn from each other is core to Brightpearl’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.