Location: Austin, TX USA
About the Role
You will be our go-to person supporting the end users within Brightpearl. Use your technological skills to ensure that IT needs for the business are served, business continuity is assured through well maintained and reliable systems and optimize our IT effectiveness along the way. This exciting new role will oversee our current systems and assets, assist with upgrades and fixes, provide training and support, and research system enhancements. Contribute towards our overall Company growth goals through extensive knowledge of computer hardware and software, network maintenance, and staying up to date with the latest tech developments to keep us on the cutting edge, secure and also enable faster and smarter business processes and employee productivity.
Your Day-to-Day Life
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware.
- Assist the Head of Information Security with security protocols and procedures to prevent potential threats.
- Assist the DevOps team interfacing corporate and production networks.
- Monitor and maintain an office Wifi network
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, hardware, and software. Provide proactive insights/suggestions for enhancements and improvements.
- Serve as the subject matter expert supporting MAC OSX, Windows, and all common office software and applications, such as Microsoft, Atlassian and G-Suite products.
- Install, configure, and support laptop software, hardware, printers, and communication devices
- Analyze staff needs, identify vulnerabilities, boost efficiency and accuracy.
- Procure for software, IT equipment and peripheral devices and assist in managing license subscriptions and IT assets
- Manage user accounts and implement access control policies
- Train employees on both software and hardware, troubleshoot, and provide technical support when needed.
- Create user guides where appropriate, and input into IT policies to support scale.
- Support employee onboarding, making sure that users understand how to use systems and tools effectively and efficiently
- Implement and monitor daily backup and recovery procedures
- Collaborate with your counterpart in the UK to establish best practices and partner on global initiatives and standards
- 2 years’ experience in IT administration / Service Desk environment.
- Experience with or knowledge of operating systems; current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance-monitoring tools,
- Advanced computer skills and detail orientation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, builds trusted relationships across the business, understands your internal customers and demonstrates the ability to translate technical terms for non-technical co-workers
- Passionate about innovation and technology
- Personal accountability – motivated by troubleshooting and resolving issues in a timely manner, delivering on commitments and continuous improvement
- Must be in Austin or willing to relocate
- We are not sponsoring visas at this time
Desirables or show us your potential to learn on the job
- Project management experience preferred
- CompTIA A+
- Flexible – comfortable working onsite and remotely, and appreciates that urgent issues may need attending to a short notice.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we collaborate and learn from each other is core to Brightpearl’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.