Location: Bristol, UK
About the Role
- Work in a small cross-functional team to develop new features and migrate our existing monolithic frontend to our new react.js architecture
- Work together with a design team to improve the user experience of our frontend
- Have an impact in designing and implementing our new micro frontend architecture
- Set best practices and standards for the other frontend engineers
- Work closely with other engineers, product owners, quality, performance, and security analysts, site reliability engineers, devops engineers, customers and partners.
- Integrate your code with our fully automated CI/CD environment
- Diagnose problems seen in production and advise on solutions.
- Have the opportunity to develop your career in the direction of technical or team leadership
- Have access to training on relevant technologies in our platform and beyond
- Experience developing frontends for high-volume, secure enterprise applications
- Experience migrating large, complex applications to micro-frontend architectures using client-side or server-side composition strategies
- Ability to define and manage the overall UI architecture strategy across multiple cross-functional teams
- Familiar with the latest browser APIs and technologies, and ability to leverage them to create next-generation front-end architectures
- Enjoy working in an agile team.
- A good communicator.
- Confident working alone to achieve shared outcomes
- Enjoy variety in your work and be willing to pick up new tools, technologies and techniques.
Ideally you’ll have
- Experience integrating efficiently with backend APIs e.g. REST, GraphQL
- Experience tracking down bugs in a production environment.
- Experience implementing and using frontend telemetry / monitoring technologies.
- 3-5 years experience with major current frontend framework, preferably React
- Working experience of docker and Kubernetes.
- Previous experience using our main backend languages Java and Go.
- Experience using Cucumber or equivalent for end to end testing.
- Experience with the Continuous Delivery and DevOps styles of development.
- Be comfortable developing software to non-functional requirements of reliability and performance.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we collaborate and learn from each other is core to Brightpearl’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.