Location: Austin, TX USA
About the Role
The responsibilities of a Product Manager at Brightpearl span a wide range of disciplines including product vision and direction, product design, business development & commercial success of our portfolio.
This is a highly influential role and you will need to be highly competent at communicating at all levels both inside and outside the company. You will have the ability to lead both business and technical teams to achieve a coherent product strategy that meets the needs of our customers and the business objectives.
This role will take ownership of our high throughput e-commerce channel connectors. Our native connectors are key to the success of our customers; they need to be reliable, timely, and adaptive to the ever changing world of e-commerce. Our connectors have been a great differentiator for us, and continue to be a strategic focus as we build stronger relationships with the leading e-commerce platforms.
In addition to the foundational product owner behaviors of working within an agile development team, we’ve an emphasis of importance on the outward aspects of the role; building relationships, persuading, objection handling and a market awareness that fuels our product strategies.
- Works closely with the CTO, SVP Product, VP Engineering and other product management roles to define the product direction, strategies, and works with go-to-market teams and customers to design and validate requirements.
- Maintains an understanding of market needs, particularly those in the omnichannel retail and financial technology spectrum around e-commerce, supply chain, and accounting.
- Fulfils the product owner role within the assigned agile development team (UK based).
- Maintains awareness of the Company’s competitive landscape.
- Able to understand current and emerging legislative requirements that have an impact on our products and solutions, and the impact of these for our customers’ use of our solution.
- Key contributor to the product roadmap – will have specific responsibility for nominated areas
- Maintains a broad knowledge of the whole portfolio as it pertains to functional capabilities, and will specialize in several key areas
- Provides critical direction to Sales Engineers, Product marketing, Implementation consultants and Account Managers on how best to deliver what the customer needs
- Three years experience in product management of ERP, OMS or financial software solutions, including experience in defining product requirements and understanding of the software product lifecycle.
- Proven record in managing and delivering software projects as a product owner in a remote Agile environment.
- Experience with e-commerce platforms and marketplace solutions is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate well to both internal and external customers.
- The ability to persuade and influence at all levels within a business.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills, including the ability to drive decisions and build consensus.
- The ability to facilitate effective discussions in group meetings with diverse, cross-functional multi-national teams participating.
- Focused on self-development and able to quickly grasp new concepts and interpret these into true business value.
- Thorough understanding of the commercial framework within the business and the impact decisions have on projects and to the company.
- High-energy with an enthusiastic attitude.
- Must be in Austin or willing to relocate
- We are not sponsoring visas at this time
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we collaborate and learn from each other is core to Brightpearl’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.