Brightpearl’s Lightning 50 E-Commerce Growth Hacking podcast, hosted by Caroline Baldwin, gets under the hood of highly successful e-commerce brands to discover the key technologies they are using to power growth.
In series 1, episode 3, we caught up with Biscuiteers Baking Company, an online handmade biscuit company. Founded in 2007, Biscuiteers’ luxury products are currently stocked in John Lewis, Selfridges, Harrods and Fortnum & Mason. The company has also collaborated on bespoke biscuits for the likes of Mulberry, Boden and Burberry.
During the podcast, the brand’s Sales and Marketing Director, Lauren Juster, shared tons of fascinating insight into how the brand achieved a whopping 197% growth during 2019/20 and ranked in 32nd place on the Brightpearl Lightning 50. She also revealed how the business plans to maintain high levels of growth going forwards, and how tech plays into that strategy.
Here are some of the highlights from the transcript…
- “Although our bricks-and-mortar stores have helped us expand the brand, Google is the high street of the world, and it gives you the ability to scale. E-commerce is at the heart of our business and it’s where we see our future growth.”
- “One of the challenges for us has been getting all our data in one place. Having various spreadsheets along with multiple apps and tools wasn’t working for us. It was creating lots of inefficiencies – we were spending time looking for stats to inform decisions we wanted to make quickly. Linking up systems [via Brightpearl] has been fantastic – it’s so important for scaling.”
- “We knew we couldn’t handle another Christmas like the crazy one we had in 2020 without a centralized system in place. We made a conscious decision to find a partner to work with to centralize all our operations. We implemented Brightpearl in just three months. The key was doing it during our down period in the summer months.
- “Social media has been a key listening tool for us – you don’t have to go far for customers to give their input. Talking to your customers is a great way to be sure you are creating something people actually want to buy.
- “It’s super exciting to rank on the Brightpearl Lightning 50 – having the recognition off the back of such a challenging year feels extra special. The Lightning 50 is chock full of exciting brands so to be in their company is the cherry on top – we’re really chuffed.”